HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a three zone Trane thermostat system with a Hyperion…

Customer Question
I have a three...

I have a three zone Trane thermostat system with a Hyperion air handler and a Goodman heat pump. Two of the three zone work okay but the third zone does not work. This was done by the builder. Should this work okay or will it never work because they are not compatible. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes - I have actually had a technician here and his solution is to replace the air handler and the AC unit -13K on a three year old house. The damper in the third zone is not working. Should I go back to the company that installed the original unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No but don't want to replace a unit that is not very old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The tech's comments: not output to damper in zone 3, to close damper normal. open can manually close sample 24 volt did not move damper until manually try to open it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/2/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Go back to the company that installed it. It sounds like you only need a damper motor or some moonier trouble shooting. Do not buy a new system until you check with the original installer. If you have a Hyperion air handler it is compatible with anything. Please check with original install company. Russ

If no voltage to damper it is zone panel or thermostat problem. Russ