HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I cannot find the model Frigidaire furnace that I have

Customer Question
I cannot find the...

I cannot find the model Frigidaire furnace that I have online. It may be an older model .the model number is ***** I am trying to find out if it has a filter that needs to be changed. I bought this house recently and do not know.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The house was built in 1980 and I am not sure if it was ever upgraded

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to change the filter if necessary so yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is all....mainly I need to find someone who can tell me if I even have a filter in that model I cannot find one anywhere

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/2/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 4 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Well the filter would be where the cold air return meets the furnace. Find the cold air return duct where it enters the bottom or side of the furnace and the filter should be there. Sometimes if it enters the bottom you need to remove the lower panel on te furnace to replace it. It really depends on how it was installed to locate the filter.

Phone call session started
There is not one The only panel that is removable coversan entire side of the furnace andthere is no filter behind it

Can you upload some pics of the furnace and ducts to it?

Ok it appears your return air duct is on the bottom can you remove that panel and see the blower area and snap a pic of it?

am trying to upload them now

Ok waiting on them.

There are no fresh air fins in the only panel that can be removed and when I remove it there is no filter or slide out filter there. Also it is not a double panel...just one that covers the whole side of the furnace. I have never seen a set up like this before.

Can you locate the main BLOWER that pushes air through the house...that would suck air through the filter if there is one. It would be right by the main blower. I see the pics, but the small blower in the pic is the exhaust blower.

I found it .....it was inside the ductwork at the top of the unit. Thanks for you help.

Yep great they all have one!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH