HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lennox gas fireplace and while I see the pilot

Customer Question
I have a lennox...

I have a lennox gas fireplace and while I see the pilot light, the fire won't start when I turn on the gas

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Lennox

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy to fix yes, otherwise I'll have to hire somoene

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

House is three yrs old?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/2/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It probably a weak thermopile (the flame sensor in the pilot flame). It produces all the power to operate the gas valve and turn on the main burner. Replacing it probably isn't an easy fix.