HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace won't go on when adjusting thermostat to increase…

Customer Question
My furnace won't go...

My furnace won't go on when adjusting thermostat to increase temp

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Probably has to do with thermostat control as it seems to be working

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I know how to adjust temp and know if I am doing it properly, need help with setting it propwrly, it's freezing in here now!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of, just want to see if thermostat control is the problem or not

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.OK, just waiting for heat to come on or instructions to do what you ask here at home
12/2/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here .. Go to furnace and look thru small hole in the furnace. There should be a flashing red light. Count the flashes and let me know flash code. After you do that .Turn off power to furnace and retry. See if it fires. Russ

What do you mean by "flash code"?

The furnace has furnace board with an LED light on board I will flash a sequence of flashes. Can you get model number of furnace for me. Russ

Russ, I see the red light flashing like this: 4 "blips", stop, 4 "blips", stop, etc.

If you can give me model number. It may be a simple reset. What is make of furnace.

OK, I will get that for you shortly, thanks for helping me outThe model# ***** ***** and it is a Lennox brand furnace

That is the coil number. The furnace model number is ***** by the burners. Russ

There was a payment failure or I would call you. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer