HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our Reznar gas fired garage heater the venting blower does…

Customer Question
Our Reznar gas fired...

Our Reznar gas fired garage heater the venting blower does not turn off. The unit 28 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Yes. When in turn it up the burner fires and the blower comes on. When the space heats up or when I turn the thermostat down, the venting motor continues to run.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not sure. I am comfortable doing the repairs my self.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/2/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

WHat's the model number of your unit?

Hi Rich,
I️ can see where the model info is but it will be difficult for me to get to it. I️ have taken and attach 3 pics of the unit. One from a quarter angle and two of the back. Will those help?

Doesn't really help except to clear up which fan motor it would be. You likely hve a stuck fan realy but without a model I can't be more specific

Can you see where the fan really is or can you tell me where it is? What is the solution for a stuck fan relay?

I assumed you were showing me the fan in your pics. The solution to a stuck realy is to replace it but I need a model if you want specifics.

Ok. I️ will work at getting to the model tag. Later.

ok

Which fan won't shut off, the draft fan or the main blower with the pink motor?

The draft fan. It is the little one on top of the unit vs. the larger blower fan on the back of the unit.

Ok, not what I got from what you said before give me a few to dig up the specs for this unit.

Ok, the draft motor also has a relay. Trace the wiring from the draft fan motor to the relay.

Do you have more questions?