HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 25 year old Lennox gas heat system. It has worked…

Customer Question
I have a 25 year...
I have a 25 year old Lennox gas heat system. It has worked great until now. It runs fine for two/three nights and the it just dies not turn on. I turn the system off via the thermostat and the flip the breaker. After 20 seconds I turn it back on and the system is fine again fir 2/3 nights. Any ideas????
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/2/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have a battery powered thermostat?

The battery is only for the backlight. I have replaced the batteries and tried a new thermostat as well.
Thanks for the heads up on the call offer!!!!
Air intake is clear and the condensate line is flowing. I tried to think of items that would cause a safety shut off.
Only other thing I can imagine is a flame detector or circuit board.

Was a safety limit shut off?

I don’t know how to tell.

DOes it doe anything at all?