HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Amana PTC153G50AXXXAA unit that has no power at the…

Customer Question
I have a Amana...

I have a Amana PTC153G50AXXXAA unit that has no power at the control board. There is power to the unit

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Around 8 years old And the info I sent you is the model from the unit

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
HVAC Technician: JustAnswer, Handyman replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Handyman
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Okay I'm waiting
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Phone call session started

You phone goes to answering message?

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you

LCDI OR AFCI POWER CORD

230/208V and 115V units are equipped with LCDI or AFCI power

cords and can open the electrical circuit to the unit. In the event

the unit does not operate, check the reset button located on or

near the head of the power cord as part of the normal trouble-

shooting procedure

Didn't help situation is the same

You will have to remove screws and pull front cover off the unit and then remove the 4 screws on each side of internal unit then pull out the whole internal unit out from the wall casing

set it on the floor

electrical componants are located on the top right.

If you manage to get to this point you will need a multi meter and troubleshoot unit using wiring diagram.

If you dont understand all this then you should have technician do it.