HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How often do I have to change the trap element on my McQuay…

Customer Question
How often do I...

How often do I have to change the trap element on my McQuay Model #PMEG-1009A62

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I've had he unit about 8 years, this is the first year I'm having an issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Both fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I just want to know the manufacturers recommendation n the timing for replacing the trap. is there a technical sheet that I can refer to?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/1/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Not sure what you are calling the trap element.Is it the filter you are referring to?

No. This is the steam trap. this is an HVAC system in a multi dwelling building which acts as the AC and in the winter has a coil fro steam. there is a steam trap on the unit which I am told may have failed which is why there is no heat coming out of the unit.

Ahh.I see, I thought this was a package terminal unit.I am not familiar with the steam system so I will open to my colleagues to see if one of them may help you.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.