HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell thermostat is blank on the screen. Furnace is…

Customer Question
My Honeywell thermostat is...

My Honeywell thermostat is blank on the screen. Furnace is not working. Tried the fuse to the furnace and nothing happened.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I don't know. Had trouble with the thermostat a few weeks ago and a tech walked me through setting it up and it has worked great until tonight. Came home about 15 min ago and the house is cool and the Honeywell thermostat is blank on the screen.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If you walk me through it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.Sounds like we are loosing power to thermostat

There are no batteries in my thermostat. Is that possible? I remember the tect saying it operates on wi-fi. Is that true?

You should be getting power from your furnace.The issue could be as simple as a float switch in your drain that could be blocked. Look and see if there is a float and if so lift it up to see if we get power to thermostat.

https://i.imgur.com/FN6jAtt.png

When are you calling me and what was the $5 for?
Why are you unhappy? I'm just a very concerned. Please call me

Ifyou have requested a phone call. There is an additional fee of 28.00 for the phone call. Otherwise we can continue here at no additional fees as long as this takes.

Did you look to see if there is a float switch in drain?

Let's continue like we were. I really can't afford any added expenses right now. The furnace cost $196 last week to clean two components. $70 just to walk in the door

I don’t know where to look for a float switch

In main pvc drain from indoor unit

A looking at the furnace, you want me to take off the door that is on the bottom of the furnace
My husband has no idea where to look for a float switch. Can you help us

I sent a picture of what the float switch would look like,Tell him to locate the pvc pipe rom coil or furnace and see if there is one on it?

Where is the picture
Are you still there? Please resend picture