HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just started today. I have the Honeywell RTH8580. No power.

Customer Question
Just started today....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Running and I have already reset the circuit breaker

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/1/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you

1. Did you replace the batteries
Reset from breaker box and furnance is running

And t-stat stays blank?

I do not want to call
its blank

OK just accept the phone option

OK

Phone option not coming up??

No thank you. I have called a service technician

With t-stat pulled off the wall and with good batteries, and clean terminals where the batteries go. does the t-stat light up?

Stop responding. I do not want your assistance. The battery does not power this brand thermostat

OK then you have a burnt fuse in your furnace, on the control boaard or a burnt transformer