HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have purchased 4 Honeywell humidifiers and 3 have stopped…

Customer Question
I have purchased 4...

I have purchased 4 Honeywell humidifiers and 3 have stopped working.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have purchased 4 Honeywell humidifiers and 3 have stopped working. The model is HWM-340BC over 2 years I have bought them at Canadian Tire. Eventually the red fault light comes on and you have to unplug and reset the humidifier every 10 min. Two of them lost power completly.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If there is a fix for this I would welcome suggestions. I have already thrown 2 of them out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I could use a wiring diagram before I bypass the main power switch and run off an external timer

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the model number of the humidifiers so that I can pull the manuals.

We can go from there