HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We're replacing a stove with a pellet stove. Can the 3"

Customer Question
We're replacing a wood...

We're replacing a wood stove with a pellet stove. Can the 3" exhaust be run into the existing 6" pipe?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now making the change

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes you can. There is no reason you can't run the new 3" pipe inside to old 6" pipe.