HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox Split Aircon unit. Yesterday I noticed that…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Lennox Split Aircon unit. Yesterday I noticed that my unit stopped working with an orange light flashing on the panel of cooling unit. I rest the PSB and the AC unit started working again perfectly but only for 2 hours and I again had the same problem of orange light flashing on cooling unit and unit not working. However everytime I rest the PCB the unit starts working again. So I suspect that my AC is tripping (not from PCB but though) and not sure if the problem can be fixed by cleaning the outside unit/ servicing the unit or maybe a faulty capacitor in the chilling unit? What do you suggest to fix this issue?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I dont know where the thermostat is but I did clean the ac filter first thing

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if i can. If I have to hire an expert to fix it i am open to it but only if it is fixable. Dont want to pay someone to come and tell me that it cant be fixed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you think the problem can be fixed and can you quote me fees for your technician to do the job at Ropes Crossing NSW, 2760 ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/30/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on unit and tell me if there is a pattern to the flash?