HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My amana furnace is not igniting. Hopefully. The red light…

Customer Question
My amana furnace is...

My amana furnace is not igniting

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The red light is blinking inside the unit

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/30/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?
The number on outside of furnace is just a series.
Actual model will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.
Below is a link to a generic video showing where to find label with model number:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfyeZOFdpU

If furnace is not coming on or does not stay on , there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.
Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

I have a multimeter. The model is APG10300701A. The light is continuously flashing
It flashes 1 then pause then again

Ok lets do this.Turn power off and back on with thermostat OFF. See if error goes away.Then call for heat and see if we get error code or unit attempts to start

Same thing

OK lets first check the rollout switches.They will be near burners and have a little red button in center to push ti reset.

https://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg