HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox concervator G8E that has worked tirelessly…

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox concervator G8E that has worked tirelessly for forever. Currently it is constantly cycling off a few seconds after starting up. The top of the furnace gets super hot. If I turn the furnace off until it completely feels cold to the touch It will start and complete one cycle, then goes back to cycling on and off until I turn it off and let it get cold again.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I have checked the filter and cleaned it, I have checked and cleaned the flame sensor with steele wool.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only to a point... ha ha !

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have had a look at the roof vent from a distance and the cap is securely in place so I don't think anything has gone in it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 38 days by:
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello again,

Click here please for the manual

so far it sounds like a bad printed circuit board.... its mounted on the blower section of the furnace, bottom panel.

Let the furnace cool for an hour.. Then use a hair drier to warm the board up to 130F slowly and gently.... if the furnace will not fire or shows any changes at all in behavior or the furnace goes off after just a minute or so, the printed circuit board is bad.

.

We can go from here without a time limit.

You can order a new board at http://www.cozyparts.com

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.