HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a W-R 30A48-5 pilot on my furnace. Looks like those…

Customer Question
I have a W-R...

I have a W-R 30A48-5 pilot on my furnace. Looks like those flame sensors are obselete. Its a 230,000btu boiler. What simple replacement valve can I use? I see you recommend a new one with an ignition. I was looking for a bolt in replacement.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep. I'm an EE and have had rentals for 30 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im 55 and mairred, 3 kids?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You'll need a new gas valve and pilot assembly along with a new ignition control. I don't follow " I was looking for a bolt in replacement."??

Hello

Hello, do you see my last post?

NO. I guess this is BS. Sheesh. Internet is great and terrible.

Sorry for your difficulty, here's my response again