HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell digital programable thermostat

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell digital programable thermostat TH4210D1005 that is blinking I suppose needs a new battery. I am 88 ears old, the house is cold! How do you open this up to replace the battery? The directions are not comprehensible-print too small.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it needs a new battery

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its just a matter of changing a battery I do, but if its complicated, no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Maybe a pair of new eyes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

To get to the batteries you need to pull the front cover off. You do this by pulling the bottom of the thermostat away from the wall. You'll see the batteries at the top of the back plate once you have it off. Note how the batteries go in before you remove them becasue you'll lose the time and date (and have to reset it) if it takes more than a minute to swap them out. Usually a minute is plenty of time. Then hook the thermostat onto the back plate at the top and push it back into place. If it's aligned properly it will snap into place easily.