HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a hvac system that the fan will work when turned to…

Customer Question
I have a hvac...

I have a hvac system that the fan will work when turned to air conditioning , but the fan will not kick on when turned to heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes and even tried a different thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nordyne model number e2eb-015ha

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello. the printed circuit board with the fan relay on it is bad, OR if its an older unit the Fan limit switch is bad, or much less likely the los speed winding in the blower motor is bad.

.

Takea close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

Wecan go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after yourate this answer:

Selectthe 'finishand rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.