HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I need to order a replacement needle for my console stereo…

Customer Question
I need to order...

I need to order a replacement needle for my console stereo circa 1965 the only identifiers are solid state philco stereophonic

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 months. My mom just died and I have the old family stereo and want to play records

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I want somebody to fix it for me

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of anything. Can somebody fix this and get the part?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi...............Just Answer is an advisory company......we do not furnish any kind of parts..........labor........or service.......the service we provide is tell you how to fix or resolve issues that may occur in your home or business

That needle is not hard to replace at all ..........you can extract it from the stereo arm probably by sliding it out ........then there will be a number on it for reference and replacement ........you can contact me here again and I will do my best to track it down for you .............sorry about your loss

eddie

Philco Record Player Cabinet Vintage Philco Console Record Player Phonograph Flickrhttp://lasvegasphotographer.us/philco-record-player-cabinet.html
This link contains a photo of a console that is very similar to mine. It has a black, ball point pen shaped needle holder and I do not see that anything looks like a cartridge that slides out Can you recommend a needle?

This video should show you how to remove and replace ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGIXSc8J2-Y

but if you could upload a couple of photos of the top and bottom of the arm and an overall of the cabinet it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor