HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Amana AH183G35AX heat pump and the heat strip for…

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana AH183G35AX heat pump and the heat strip for very cold weather no longer comes on. I need some assistance and getting a service manual or perhaps what might be wrong and if there is anyone near Des Moines, Iowa that services this type of unit

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 years old - bought it near the end of the summer 2015 - thought I bought an extended warranty but can find no record so am at a lose and Amana has not responded to my extended warranty question

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if I can or maybe find someone authorized to work on Amanas or I am convinced can work on them

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did get an A2 code and when calling Amana they said it was either the heat strip itself or the controller

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/28/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Let me see what I can find.As for getting a tech to work on it very few companies if any offer in home service on portable units. You may have to contact the store it was purchased from to find a service center near you.

Not really much in print as far as step by step service guide.About the est you will find is a wiring diagram as shown on page 11 in this manual.

http://www.h-mac.com/product-catalogs/amana/Amana-WRAC-Technical-guide.pdf

Start by seeing if we get power out of control board to heater

This may take awhile so I will have to work on the unit and get back to you after I have a chance to try this out. I have that manual on my system showing the wiring diagram. Cannot seem to find any kind of a service manual online anywheres for this product. Do you have any ideas where a service manual can be found.Thanks

They do not actually print a service manual showing instructions.Manufactures expect trained service techs to service them and really do not want the end user working on them.