HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat was set on automatic, but appears to not coming…

Customer Question
Thermostat was set on...

Thermostat was set on automatic, but appears to not coming on. moved thermostat to fan but only air is coming thru - no heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Checked setting set temp at 65.have not checked filters had broken hip can't get around too well to check filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can't

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Suggestions what would i be looking for with filters

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If furnace does not come on you most likely have an open limit or pressure switch issue preventing it from coming on.To troubleshoot you will need a meter and be able to stand in front of furnace for awhile while I guide in trobleshooting