HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem Richmond RMTG 64DVLN (DVN) Error Code 65. LED…

Customer Question
I have a Rheem Richmond...
I have a Rheem Richmond RMTG 64DVLN (DVN) Error Code 65. LED on Control panel blinks 6 times repeatedly. Water starts to heat then goes cold. What is the likely problem?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The error code is to do with water flow.Most likley a bad solenoid

Where can I get get the water flow solenoid and what is the best way to remove it. Rheem won’t sell that part to customers. I know where it is located just inside the case on the cold water inlet.

I will see what I can find.May be easier if you can look on solenoid for a part number and Google it

See if this looks like your valve.Looks like solenoid is built onto valve

https://www.comfortgurus.com/water-heater-parts/7229-rhe-rtg20164l.html

Sorry for the delay. I can’t see enough of the part to get information off of it. There are wires and lines secured in front of it that aren’t movable. I took pictures but couldn’t get them to load here. The picture you sent does not look like it would fit.

Really cant tell much either.The link I sent is the part number I show.

When my hardware store where I purchased this heater pulled up the current users manual, there has been some design changes on the outside even though it uses the same model number. There has probably been interior changes making the part you showed me the current one. The pics I sent you shows the copper lines and both go into the front of the part. Can you find me the servicemanual from 5 years ago and where I could get the water flow solenoid from that age of model?

To see the one I have open this link then select Specs/ Docs then Use and Care Instructions.

http://www.rheem.com/product/tankless-mid-efficiency-tankless-mid-efficiency-64-direct-vent-indoor

Under specs Parts for my model, page 10 part number 7 is exactly how my copper lines go in. Will my serial number help make sure its the right part and how can I order and pay for this?