HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace running, no heat? Yes, I hope to, do not think so.

Customer Question
Furnace running, no heat? ...

Furnace running, no heat?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do not think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

WHat's the brand and model of your unit?

its a weil mclain

Model?

no

I can't help you fix this if I don't know what model you have. The model is on the rating tag that also show btu input/output

model p366heawt

So an oil fired hot water boiler?

How many zones/thermostats? what is the pressure on the gauge?

2

What is the pressure on the gauge? do you have 2 pumps or 2 zone valves (what brand)?

175 pressure, I think the pump is emco?

No way the pressure is 175. You're reading the temp not the pressure. Pressure is the scale on the opposite side of the gauge. You didn't tell me 2 pumps or 2 zone valves??

how can i tell 2 pumps or 2 valves? the pressure is at 0
we were not getting hot water in our upstairs shower, the hvac guy told us to open the valve until it reached 20 on the pressure gauge, then we would get hot water for a while, I would do this every morning.

Ok with 0 pressure you probably have a lot of air in the system and no circulation. The system will need to be purged. I can walk you through it on a phone call (additional charge) if you can post pics here of all the piping around the boiler

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I am at work now not home, I believe there is only one male valve to hook up a hose to, do i purge it from there.
are you still there?

Sorry had to step away for a few. You need to be onsite and I need pics and you on the phone to wlak you through this. I'm online until~ 7 pm Et