HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have lennox MPD3530CPM gas fire place that stopped

Customer Question
I have lennox MPD3530CPM...

I have lennox MPD3530CPM gas fire place that stopped working. The pilot light is on when the knob is in the Pilot position, however, when I turn the knob to "on", the flame goes out. I don't have the manual so I don't know if it's something easy I can fix myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

LENNOX hearth products Model No. MPD3530CPM gas fire place

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The work was done. This is an existing fire place

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's 13 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the pilot is lit but goes out when you turn the knob to ON then you need a new gas control valve.

I turn off the pilot light in summer months. Should I not do that? Could that have caused the issue?

Perfectly OK to turn off the pilot at any time and this has nothing to do with the gas valve failure