HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We live abroad. Our friend tells me our Potterton Boiler has…

Customer Question
We live abroad. Our...

We live abroad. Our friend tells me our Potterton Boiler has an error code "E1" and we need it fixed quickly as it is getting cold

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

No, the boiler (brand new in2013) is in Norwich and I am in Saudi Arabia

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Difficult as I am 3,500 miles from the boiler. I am trying to asses the problem before getting someone out (if I have to) The boiler was brand new with the house in 2013. rarely used but we put it on low in winter. could be a pressure problem methinks

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Because of low use it has dipped below the minimum pressure readings before

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a gas engineer. I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please give me a moment to review your request.
Ok so it could well be a pressure problem as some of the models display this error code when the boiler has low pressure. But to give you a more accurate suscripción of the issue and how to fix it I would need to know the model number of the boiler.
Do you have the model number or can you get someone to check the model number for me? Once I have this I will be able to help you find a solution to your issue.Warm regards
Elliot