HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a munchkin boiler that is giving me a F09 error. I…

Customer Question
I have a munchkin...

I have a munchkin boiler that is giving me a F09 error. I have tried to reset but this did not solve the problem I have an extra flame rectification probe. What do I need to do to install the new probe?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Unit is 10 years old I got an F10 error 2 years ago and reset the unit and it worked fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not experienced with working on this unit Can I replace the flame rectification probe without any experience?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 9 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I have a flame rectification probe on hand. Is that a part I can safely replace on my own? Can you guide me through the replacement? I do not have any experience working on a boiler.

Yes just remove the cover panels and you will see a spark plug type wire to the flame probe, just remove the screws to it and it will pull out and you can install the new one...see image here.

CLICK HERE

Also CLICK HERE VIDEO watch the first 1 min

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,