HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am getting an E2 code on my SoleusAir dehumidifier.

Customer Question
I am getting an...

I am getting an E2 code on my SoleusAir dehumidifier. HMT-D70E-A model. It only runs the fan, nothing else is working.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple of weeks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending on detail. I would like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit is less then 2 years old. It may have been running wormmer then normal.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filters are clean. Tried different settings to listen for the compresor to kick in. Fan only. Easy to tell when the compressor kicks in.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello. most likely the printed circuit board is bad. 90% chance of that.... 10%chance the humidity sensor is bad.

Replacement is quite technical, tell me a lot about your skill sets and if you want to try to repair it yourself, or if you need a reference to a local repair shop... in that case tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest larger town or city...

We can go from there

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking that it is low on friant like a car and rechargable. I am not sure if it is worth a servace call. Thinking of new replacement as best option.
I am signing out. Need to think about this. Thanks for the help.

Hello again, these do not naturally run low on freon, if the freon goes low, here is a leak, cost to repair $300+ dollars, almost as much as a new unit.

Printed circuit board replacement if we can find a shop that will do it is about $250.. also a bit high, replacement is a good option with this range of equipment.

To close the question, just choose the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of your page and click on it,

Thanks.