HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I had a older Honeywell battery powered thermostat with blue…

Customer Question
I had a older Honeywell...
I had a older Honeywell battery powered thermostat with blue conectes to b, yellow to y, red to rc, white to w and green to g. I up graded to the Honeywell nest. My issue was that the heat won’t kick in. My fur case will not ignite. Spoke with tech support and checked the power coming from the wires. The blue and white wire had no current which tech found confusing because when attached to the older Honeywell, the heat did kick in. Now I checked my furnace
In the basement to try to trace the wires. I have an ac unit outside and an oil furnace. I see a blue and white wire connected to the ignition and then the red green and yellow attached separate to what I believe is the power unit. And from that power unit we have the white blue red green and yellow going up to the ceiling into my one thermostat. I don’t know if some sort of splicing was done. Either way the white wire has no power in our living room yet somehow ignition happens with the older thermostat.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 7 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Sounds like you have a 2 transformer system.

If you touch the blue and white together does the furnace start? Then we can do a couple more test.