HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

After installing a new thermostat the furnace has stopped…

Customer Question
After installing a new...

After installing a new thermostat the furnace has stopped working. I have tried to reset it but the burners and blower will no longer start. I have a 9 year old Carrier Model #58STA/STX.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It worked fine before I changed thermostats.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to. I have turned it off and tried to reset, but no luck. Is there also a reset button?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I"m not sure which breaker runs this furnace. It was installed for an addition and is not marked correctly.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/25/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 8 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

I am very sorry for the delay.

Do you still need assistance

Billy