HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My state 540 on demamnd. My state 540 on. My state 540

Customer Question
My state 540 on...

My state 540 on demamnd

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My state 540 on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My state 540 tankless on demand hot water heater is reading error code 510 how do I fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Brand new just turned it on, no never gotten this before

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The first time we turned it on it read a 121 error code. We switched the regulator at the propane tanks. The unit fired worked for a second then flashed the new 510 code. This is a new unit in a new house, never used before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Is anyone going to respond
11/25/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

The error code 121 is for;

Flame loss - the same causes as for error code 111

I know we fixed that. That was caused by a bad regulator on the propane tank
One we fixed that issue the unit fired then stopped and started flashing the 510 code

The 111 error code is for;

Ignition failure - Check that the hi-limit switch isn't tripped; gas supply is correct; flame sensor is clean; ignitor generates sparks and venting system isn't blocked. Also confirm that PC board, overheat cutoff fuse and gas valve are still operating. The gas line might need to be purged due to the presence of air.

The 510 error code is for;

Gas valve failure - check the gas pressure and connections.

Gas pressure is good we checked that and all connections look ok

I​s it possible you have the incorrect LP gas orifices installed?

The unit is lp. And comes with the Lp orifice. It's not like a naive where you can switch out the Orifices
Naiven unit
Not naive

O​k well without being in front of it I can't help beyond my computer. If you are looking for addition info beyond the trouble codes, I will open the question back up to other experts who might be able to assist you better.

Since the gas valve is most likely the problem, it may be internally damaged or failing or an electrical issue and causing the 510 error