HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a honeywell hz322 system that is not putting out

Customer Question
I have a honeywell...

I have a honeywell hz322 system that is not putting out heat, but says data not present

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Just changed the filter last weekend. Thermostats are set at 71. The house is reading 65

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am hoping the darn computer/ system needs to be re set. The system is less than 4 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/25/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like you might have connected a *communicating* type thermostat to the HZ322... it would have only terminals abcd, or 1234 but no R, Y, W. G. C terminals .... I need a bit of history to determine if that might be the case or not.

Did this just start to happen and the system worked earlier, or is this a new system.

I need the brand and model number of the thermostat,

We can go from there

I only see Honeywell. I do not see a model number.

Thanks,

Its going to take a local hands on type technician to sort this out for you... it can't be done on line here.

If the system is only 4 months old, it should be no charge, in warranty .

Stay in touch as needed, let me know if you have any trouble with getting warranty service

The system is about 5 yrs old. About 4 months ago the motherboard crashed and we got this HZ322 installed. Today I am getting the following messages: Dats not present RF Module missing
Just switched the RF to "no" and the "RF module missing " message went away. Still have no heat.
My hvac itself is a Trane model number 4TEE3F65B1000BA. I switched the Hz322 from "conventionsl" to "heat pump" and the heat kicked on. I am still getting the "dats not present" message on the HZ322.

Thanks,

There are 2 general types of systems on the market, they are 100% incompatible... *communicating ultra smart thermostats* and the older standard type conventional system types....

The conventional system types do not issue error codes that include 'communication or RF errors'

Only the **communicating types** do that.

The conventional system types work with the HZ322... the communicating types do not work with the HZ322.

To be sure of what the actual situation is. I need you to gently pry the thermostat from its wall mounted sub base, and get me the brand and model number of the thermostat stamped on the back side.

.

If you do not have a heat pump, and you switched to the heat pump option, the system will not work... heat pump option is only for heat pump type systems. Heat pumps sit outside the house, and run in the winter for heating as well as cooling in the summer.

If your unit outside only runs in the summer, its not a heat pump

I live in Florida. It runs all year. Is the the termostat model number: TH5220D1003
There is also a 1120 at the end.

Thanks, click here for the manual I will leave it here for future reference

You have a conventional, non communicating thermostat, made by Honeywell, it can be a very difficult fit to a Trane system however, errors are easy to make

This is too complex a situation for you to sort out on line, I can opt out, and we can see if anyone else here wants to tackle this, or you can call a well rated outfit in your area to come and fix it for you.

So far it sounds like a wiring error by the original instaler... he may not be skilled enough in this area to do the job correctly. Let me know if you need a reference to a quality outfit, if so I need to know which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city in florida.

I agree. Believe it or not, the installer they sent did not speak/ understand English. I had to read the operating manual to him. I'm giving up. Have a nice day.

Thanks, you should know that Florida does not attract high level HVAC talent, there are some good outfits in Florida but many not good, they pay their techs $10 to $15 an hour (the going rate in many other states is $35 to $65 an hour... so Florida can be a problem... If you would like me to find one of the better outfits for you let me know which city you are nearest, we can go from there

Thanks. I live in Jacksonville, FL

click here please.

Cool-R-Us has the best ratings both on Tranes site and on Google ratings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

.