HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a gb142-24 boiler. hot water is fine. I have no heat.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a gb142-24 boiler. hot water is fine. I have no heat. the am100 has some inaccurate readings

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes 2 thermostats both fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have an Electrical Engineering degree plus 25 years working. The problem is with the AM 10 outdoor reset control

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

First reading on the AM 10 is current outdoor temperature says 122 degree, outside thermistor is fine resistance reading is correct. Second supply temperature setpoint reading is 32 degree incorrect and no flame displayed on the AM 10

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Is anybody here
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please call me(###) ###-####
I already clicked the call me button a little while ago
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
Chad DeYoung
My name is***** will try and help you, what is your boiler currently doing?
Chad did you read what I wrote
I wrote full details above

I have a gb142-24 boiler. hot water is fine. I have no heat. the am100 has some inaccurate readings

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes 2 thermostats both fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have an ElectricalEngineering degree plus 25 years working. The problem is with the AM 10 outdoor reset control

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
What is the current outdoor temperature and how does that correlate with the resistance sale of the thermistor? That looks to me like a shorted control!
50 degree outside. I have a chart for the thermitor resistance reading correct. It was already replaced. New component and old have same resistance
HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
Ok let me see what I can find on the am 10
AM10 has a display for a flame won't go on so doesn't go in heat mode
Supply temperature set point range is 32 to 194 degree reading on AM10 is 32 degree
HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
2.5.2 Sensor fault/emergency
operation
If no sensor is detected on the AM10,
dashes are shown in the numerical field
instead of the outdoor temperature.
If there is a heat request (the display will
show ), the AM10 will request 122 °F,
if this is permitted by the high limit
I know I read that I have several manuals
The supply temperature set point is at 32 degree should be around 150 degree
HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
I would say that if you are sure that your sensors and wiring are in good working order, that your am 10 is faulty and needs to be replaced!
I can put the gb142 boiler in manual mode and get the display flame to go on
I will try that I was hoping for something cheaper to replace
I will contact you back after I try that
HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
I understand but it sounds like you have ruled out the cheaper fixes already! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!