HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an argo arm-4p, and am trying to switch one of my…

Customer Question
I have an argo...

I have an argo arm-4p, and am trying to switch one of my zones to a nest thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

However when i install it it, the argo keeps clicking i had a honeywell thermostat working right before i switched

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a picutre of my arm-4p if needed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It looks like they are switched, the red and white on the wiring for zone 3, which is the radiant heating in the basement that I'm trying to install the nest on. I think the Nest requires the common wire. Can I use the unused green wire to connect it to the common (I put it near it in the picture), and then connect the common to the nest?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Yes you can use the green as long as it is going to common on Nest and the Board. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer