HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My good man gks90904cxag is not producing heat. Just changed…

Customer Question
My good man gks90904cxag...

My good man gks90904cxag is not producing heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Just changed filter and checked thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im at the unit with the panel off and it kicks on fan runs but it's not igniting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the flash code on the control board LED?

Would that be the ds1 led?

I never noticed any LED designation. Do you have an LED that's flashing a sequence?

It's staying solid

Steady on is normal operation. If the furnace isn't doing anything try this; jump the R & W terminals on the thermostat terminal strip on the control board. Then power it back up. Does the draft fan run?

The fan runs

The draft fan runs and you have no heat and a steady on LED? If so cycle the power off wait a minute then turn it back on. Tell me what happens.

The igniter lights up for around 11 seconds then shuts off, and there is no flame

Ok, you should be getting a failed igniton flash sequence. You need to test for 24 volts AC at the gas valve when the igniter is glowing.