HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

With the unit on, the amount of heat coming out is less than…

Customer Question
With the unit on...

With the unit on, the amount of heat coming out is less than acceptable to properly heat the room.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Is there more than one filter? the thermostat is set at 75 degrees and appears normal as it worked fine when on air cond.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will change the one filter which i do every 90 days other than that, will probably call an expert.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a 9 year old three vent unit in a condo as a self contained system. i am the only person in the condo and do not ti nker with the system.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

What is the make and model of unit

carrier weathermaker 9200
i have balready paid $28 and i do not want to spend anymore.
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago

Thats ok

Now leave power on and take front panel off furnace and read the error code ( flashing light) through sight glass of botton part of furnace

The status codes are a 2 digit number. The first digit is determined by the number of short flashes of the light and the second digit is determined by number of rapid flashes

Here is the link for manual, refer to page 9 and 10 for list of error codes

And while you have panel off, tell me what is exact model listed on the sticker inside furnace.

https://legalectric.org/f/2011/03/carrier-9200-weathermaker-uhe-om58-67.pdf

product model is 58MXAO40-12

Thanks, ***** ***** model use 1st chart on page 9

i cannot find the manual for the charts.

did you get chart?

I need to leave for work soon, did you figure error code yet?

I noticed question is still open, rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.