HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Thermidor gas range Model #PG366BS/07 I believe the…

Customer Question
I have a Thermidor...

I have a Thermidor gas range Model #PG366BS/07 I believe the main gas valve is plugged as no gas is available on any burner. This has happened and the tech just blew out the valve and it worked fine. How do I access the stoves gas valve

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am ready

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/23/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​he main gas valve may or may not be the problem. It sounds more like the pressure regulator is the problem. This is the part that usually attaches to the main gas distribution manifold where the gas line connects. If you follow the gas line you can usually locate the pressure regulator. These units are not serviceable and if faulty or clogged need to be replaced. Caution as many of these are where the conversion kits are located if you use a different fuel.

it is the regulator Do I access it from the front, back or top?

M​ost regulator are accessible from the back or if the top can be lifted up. Careful as many newer stoves are not easy to lift the tops (sealed systems) and you can easily damage the gas burners and tubing.

I​f this is an ongoing issue with the regulator it is best to replace it. These parts are not too expensive, however they are not available at your home improvement centers. You will need to get one from an appliance parts store or online. If you decide to replace it yourself, there are gas flow directions that must be adhered to in order for them to work properly.

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 23, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 29 days ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 12 hours ago

Greetings...

Thanks,

Dave