HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a temp-star nugj125dg03 furnace that’s showing 8

Customer Question
flashes and not attempting to...
I have a temp-star nugj125dg03 furnace that’s showing 8 flashes and not attempting to start when thermostat asking for heat. If I shut off the power to the furnace and turn it back on it starts up and runs the normal cycle until the house reaches set temp and shuts it down. Then repeats same problem. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. I can’t find any literature on this 1988 furnace.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/23/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. How are the filters on system. Russ

Brand new furnace filter

Look on furnace and see the error codes. Is 8 error code short tom gas valve. Russ

8 flashes is low voltage input
S8610U Honeywell ignition control

Temperate uses the Honeywell Smart valve. Sometimes the wires get loose. There are molex plugs on the gas valve. Make sure they are tight . Push them in snuggly. Retry furnace and let me know. Russ

Furnace has been working fine ever since I shut it off and on this morning. I’ve been waking up to a 60* house every morning here in Wisconsin and it’s not even cold out yet lol. I’ll have to let you know if that helped. I shut off the power and wiggled/ firmly pushes the wires going to the valve. I’ll have to let you know if that works, next time it doesn’t start again I’ll message you. Thank you

You are welcome just let me know. Russ

tonight getting 8 flashes and not even shutting of an on will make it run.
Ok wiggling on wires to valve worked I’ll have to clean them and tightening the connector tomorrow and check. Thanks

Good work. Let me know in the morning. Russ

Morning update, 65* thermostat set to 71* and it says heating on thermostat. Low voltage flashes still.

If you still have the flash code you will need to replace gas valve. It is heart of the furnace and the Smart valve controls everything for furnace to light. Replace valve and you will have no more problems. The Smart Valve can be cranky by working and throwing intermittent faults. Russ