HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

58MVP080 model got the heat exchanger issue. I have tech…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl,58MVP080 model got...

Hi Pearl,58MVP080 model got the heat exchanger issue

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I have tech came and confirmed that carrier furnace is mfr defect

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am capable to do. But the carrier said to call dealer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is 13 years old. Good shape. Can I replace the exchanger or full unit. Please advise

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/23/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 10 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. In order for the warranty to apply, get parts or other service all work is to be done by Carrier approved mechanical contractors. This is mainly a liability issue. Afterall we are talking about the main component where combustion and carbon monoxide occur. In order to replace furnace or exchanger will need have a licensed contractor to assume the liability

Did you want to do this yourself?