HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a lennox airhandler cbx32mv-048-230-6-07 I have no

heat and this unit has...
I have a lennox airhandler cbx32mv-048-230-6-07 I have no heat and this unit has heat strips. I have had techs out here and they have changed the 3 relays and today the mother board. lasts week the man changed my thermostat and I need to know if it is wired correctly from thermostat to mother board. the thermostat is wired like this and I can send u photos of both. the = thermostata has a red wire rh and a jumper to rc, g=green ,y=yellow and c=black,b=blue wire and w=white. now the unit on the mother board has the following w3=white and g=green,y2=blue wires, y=yellown c=common are black but no red wire ? the red wire goes to a cut off switch for water in pan overflow.
11/23/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Canot see letters on motherboard well enough to tell. Back up and get wires and terminals clearly

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
give me a min

Take your time

Also give me model on thermostat

OK now I see some issues here with wiring. Is your outdoor unit a heat pump?If you are not sure give me model on outdoor

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thermostat has PRO on front

Is your outdoor unit a heat pump?If you are not sure give me model on outdoor

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
maybe it is pro with a 1 in center of o, my outdoor is not a heat pump
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have heat strips
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
this is a 4ton lennox

OK there are several of the PRO1 tstats do you see a label maybe on inside of front cover with a T905 T805.T725 or anything?https://www.pro1iaq.com/products/thermostats

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
t701a

You have a blue wire that appears to go to outdoor.Can you give me model on outdoor please?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
hold
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
xc16s048-230=04

OK.Want to make sure to give you accurate info

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I can call u if need be

Excellent.You have a two stage ac .

However this thermostat does not offer two stage cool.

You will need a thermostat with both Y1 and Y2.

Phone call is an extra fee if you want phone call as I will be dedicating my time soley to you.

Now we should be able to get you some heat temporarily but ultimately you are going to need a 2 stage cool thermostat

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok so the thermostat is incorrectly wired

Yes that blue should be going to a Y2 terminal to bring on second stage ac. The B on thermostat you have initiates a reversing valve for a heat pump

Do you want to get some heat working for now using this thermostat?

Excellent. Disconnect the blue wire at thermostat and tape it off,shove back in wall for now (You will need it later)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok then I should have heat
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
let me go brb

Not yet we are not done.

Next tell me about the red from thermostat.I see it is red at thermostat but black at motherboard.

Is the red going to a float switch in drain and then coming to board as black?

On back of thermostat make sure fan switch is set to Electric

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
fan switch is set on electric and I have heat and I informed those knuckle heads that it cold be thermostat not wired correctly.

They will need to bring you a to stage cool thermostat and wire it same as we just did except add the blue wire to Y2.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
what stat brand I need are does it matter need make sure 2 stage and how does it hook up using blue wire
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
you mention y1 and y2

I personally prefer Honeywell brand. Really does not matter as long as it is says 2 stage cool.

You currently only have a single Y

The thermostat you need for 2 stage cool will have a Y1 and a Y2.

Everything will wire as it is except the blue we stuck in wall will connect to Y2

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
after I call them Monday and trust me I am not a happy camper. costs me a lot of money and tech should have knew

Absolutely.Installer should have know this

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thanks you so much

Feel free to save and share our conversation

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thank you so much.

Please remember to rate answer before you go as that is how I am compensated for my time and if you need further, just come back for up to 30 days at no additional cost.Thanks again

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician