HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My new rheem furnace shows code 56. Do not have one in there…

Customer Question
My new rheem furnace...

My new rheem furnace shows code 56

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes do not have one in there took it out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It lit up first time and now sets code 56 and even cut exhaust loose to see if had a plug in flew

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?

The number on outside of furnace is just a series.

Actual model will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link to a generic video showing where to find label with model number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfyeZOFdpU