HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I can't get my gas fire place to ignite. I am not sure, but…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my gas fire place to ignite. I am not sure, but it does not seem that gas is getting to the burners. The "on/off' valve may not be working properly, or I am just to stupid to get it going. Does this seem like a gas-log fireplace repair of a VNG problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

A natural gas fireplace which seems to have been converted from a wood burning fireplace some time before I purchased this house.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not, especially if the "on/off" valve is not working properly.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time, to the best of my knowledge.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Locate the terminals on the gas control valve. Tell me how they are designated