HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace is not blowing out hot air, I'm trying to trouble…

Customer Question
Hi, my furnace is...

Hi, my furnace is not blowing out hot air, I'm trying to trouble shoot the cause

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, I replaced the thermostat battery and the air filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on the severity/complexity of the issue

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the furnace make and model number if that helps

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?

The number on outside of furnace is just a series.

Actual model will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

If furnace is not coming on or does not stay on , there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

Hi the model number listed inside the panel next to the burners is GKS90703BXAE the serial number listed beneath it is(###) ###-####there is a light flashing on the control panel, it will flash three consecutive times every 3 seconds.The blower will come on and blow air, but not hot air.I do not have a multi meter- sorry.

Ok the 3 flash error indicates the pressure switch is not closing.

When thermostat calls for heat does the small inducer vent where vent pipe connects come on?

No it does not appear to be on

that fan must come on to close the pressure switch To troubleshoot why inducer fan is not coming on

We would need a meter to troubleshoot. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer