HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My gas fired warm air boiler has just started whining,

Customer Question
My gas fired warm...

My gas fired warm air boiler has just started whining, rather like an alarm, but its not the fire or CO alarm which is right outside my boiler room

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I just turned the system off at the thermostat. We change the filters regularly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model of your unit?

Its a Payne boiler, replaced about two yearsago

Ok, so you have a furnace not a boiler. Most likely cause for the noise is something caught in the draft fan or the main blower. It also possible but much less likely given its age that a bearing in one of the fans is failing. There is no alarm to make this noise.

I put in correct information and it refuses to process. Sorry. I have now called out a plumber