HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My munchkin boiler has a POR fault but the pressure is

Customer Question
My munchkin boiler has...

My munchkin boiler has a POR fault but the pressure is 18psi?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

24hrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the solutions is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the actual system pressure is 18 psi and you still get a PRO error then you probably have a bad pressure switch.

where is the pressure switch? is it inside the boiler? Is the any way to check it?

It's top left on the boiler. You have to remove the boiler jacket to get to it. You can check continuity across the 2 switch terminals once you remove the leads (power off).

should I have continuity across the switch or not? If it is working properly?

If you have a confirmed 18 psi on the system switch should be closed (have continuity)

is it the thing about 1"1/4" round with 2 terminals?

Depends on which version you have. Here's a link to the most recnt version manual. Parts List on page 70 call it out
http://www.htproducts.com/literature/lp-185.pdf

Do you have more questions?