HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to restart my oil furnace. It is a dunkirk

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to restart my oil furnace. It is a dunkirk excalibur. I bought the house recently. Plumbers and electrician were in doing work during rehab and heat and hot water were turned off

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The batteries in the two thermostats were dead. I replaced those and the boxes and units in the basement both appear to be on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its something silly like flipping a switch I can handle it, otherwise I'll place a service call.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was looking for a reset button or something to ignite the furnace. There was a lightswich that was off and the red safety switch which was also off. I turned those on and thought I could feel some water moving in the pipe by the water heater unit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have an American made burner the reset button is on the ignition control top right side of the burner