HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Thermostat keeps returning to 70 degrees even tho I cancel

present temp by pressing run...
Thermostat keeps returning to 70 degrees even tho I cancel present temp by pressing run and put a new lower temperature in and it still returns to apparently a programmed 70 which comes in during the
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: no clue and do not
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, would like to find someone in syracuse New York that can fix
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don’t know if anything other than the thermosta
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Need help with cancelling program on White Rodgers thermostat - keeps returning to 70 degrees
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Related questions are not related to my problem
11/22/2017
D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Hi, how are you? Do you know the exact model number of your thermostat? Often this is located on a sticker behind the thermostat. Usually you can remove the thermostat from the base plate to get to it.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Maybe have to turn on and off til I find someone to come here after the holiday?!
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Followed the instructions on the thermostat to no avail. Perhaps I have misunderstood the steps given - see pic of thermostat
OK, on that thermostat just that plastic cover should come off with the thermostat itself remaining on the wall I believe. If you set a temp and press hold it will return to the programming at the next time block. For it to consistently stay where you want it you will have to reprogram all the time blocks
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
How does it reset to a programming time?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I wonder if I should change those batteries-they have been in there for
Many years?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Maybe that’s the problem?
Replacing the batteries is a good idea. But most programmable thermostats are programmed in time blocks. So when the next time block comes it goes from hold to the programming. Is there a model number inside the plastic cover?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Maybe resetting a program would be what I should do? We did not know we had ever set one, so maybe start from beginning. Would like to leave at 68 at all times.
The 1f80 number is ***** model. Give me a few minutes to look it up. Thanks
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
55357;���
I did not see in the manual what the default programming is. It tends to be 68 for heat and 72 or 75 for cool. But I have located a manual for it. And on page six is the complete programming instructions. I've attached a copy of the manual.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you so much! I shall do this! Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for your help!
Thank you. If you have any trouble feel free to return to this dialog and ask. The question stays open for awhile so we are able to continue without additional charges. If you are happy with my service please remember to rate me, otherwise I am not compensated. Happy Thanksgiving
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Where do I rate you? Will they send me something?
I do not know how it appears on your side of the dialog but I did put in a request for rating so it should notify you
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Will do, as soon as I receive!
Alright, thankyou
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
If I don’t receive I will call and ask!
OK thank you very much
D.E. Anderson
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Found it and rated you a 5 Star!
Thank you! Have a great thanksgiving
D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson