HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I installed HRV in my home. What do i need to have the unit…

Customer Question
I installed HRV in my...
I installed HRV in my home. What do i need to have the unit balanced? do i need to turn the fan on 24/7? what level of humidity should i set it up, so far i have it on 30% and its still blinking meaning has not reached that point yet. How long will it take to reach 30% humidity? i have this HRV running for a week so far, the last few days i set the fan on low setting.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. You need set on low setting. 50% humidity.

There are several modes on control. Winter is usually set at 35% and summer 50 to 55%. On the venting mode set 20/40. This will bring the unit on for 20 minutes and off for 40. The first mode is vent and you can use that when you have a lot of people over to bring in fresh air and exhaust old air. This is mode that will operate up to 8 hours. Low or medium setting on fan control. Russ

This unit is not a dehumidifier it only brings in and exhaust air from house. This units should be connected to bathrooms and set to come on with the bathroom fan. Russ

Hi.. i tried doing what you suggested, my HRV only have 20,40, 60 buttons, so i pressed 20 and nothing happened, i shut it off and when i turn the button back on, the machine not running anymore. any idea whats the problem? could it be blown fuse or something?

Possibly. Check to see if you have power to unit. Give me the make and model number please. Russ