HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem Model No. R92PA0601317MSA. There is a

Customer Question
Diversitech Condensate Pump attached. The...
I have a Rheem Model No. R92PA0601317MSA. There is a Diversitech Condensate Pump attached. The old thermostat did not seem to be working, so we had a new one installed. It is a Honeywell RTH111.
With the Fan switch set to, “On,” the thermostat control switch positions do the following:
Heat = No air blowing, furnace display code is 57
Off = Cold air blowing, furnace display code is F
Cool = Cold air blowing, furnace display code is F
With the Fan switch set to, “Auto,” it seems to act the same, but reacts properly to the set temperatures. Do you have any idea what the issue could be?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2017
HVAC Technician: D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager replied 8 months ago
D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Hi, how are you? F indicates the thermostat is calling for fan. 57 indicates there is a pressure switch stuck open when it should be closed. What was going on with the previous thermostat that prompted you to replace it? Thanks
Hello. I’m doing good. I hope you are as well. The previous thermostat would only blow cold air as well. It was just older and more complicated, so it took us longer to figure that out.
As far as the fan issue is concerned you should check that everything is wired correctly. The blower doesn't run at all during a call for heating correct? Also make sure any programming settings are correct. As for the 57 error you would need to check your pressure switch, the draft motor, also check the drain line on the furnace and make sure the draft inducer housing is not full of water. Verify you have no restrictions in the flue pipe such as a birds nest, etc. Take the rubber tubing off of the pressure switch and make sure there are no clogs in it. Check those things and let me know and we can go from there. Also, do you feel comfortable using a meter to take voltage measurements and do you have one available? Thanks.
As far as wiring goes, there is a data line that runs from the thermostat to the furnace. The wires in that line are landed on G, Y, W, and R. The wires have been toned out and appear to connect G to G, Y to Y, and W to W. The wire from R at the thermostat is connected to the Diversitech Condensate Pump. A separate line from that pump is landed on the R Terminal at the furnace. When we first opened the furnace, the Y wire was disconnected at the terminal. I can’t see a difference in performance with it connected or disconnected.
Correct. The blower does not run at all during a call for heat. Other than that, I pulled off the pressure switch hose. When blowing into it and sucking on it I heard the switch click. I may be able to take voltage measurements tonight or on Friday. I will check the drain line and the flue pipe as soon as I can.
OK. It sounds correct. When you can check voltages and you've checked the flue and drain let me know. Thanks.