HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am having trouble. The flint glows and then click.....the…

I am having trouble. The...
I am having trouble. The flint glows and then click.....the gas does not light. We replaced the upshot burner tubes. Everything worked when I turned it on and now...it just clicks. No fire
11/22/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If furnace is not coming on or does not stay on , there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

No lights on blower

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?

The number on outside of furnace is just a series.

Actual model will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link to a generic video showing where to find label with model number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfyeZOFdpU

Ugph-07eauer
Blower works
I see an orange light an 2 green light bulbs but they aren't lit or blinking

If the green power is not lit, blower nor anything else will come on.That indicates we have power to board. Hold door switch in

Have to step away for a few but will e back shortly

Got ot....green lights 2 are lit. No orange light. They are not blinking

OK now call for heat and see how far furnace goes.If it fails to light the ok light should start flashing

it worked like it did earliwr.....but it will go off and not work in a bit....and orange light is on. When it doesn't work, the blower sounds, flint turns orange and there is a clock with no fire so the flint goes off. It does it again...no fire and the blower will blow....but no heat

Orange light is the flame light.It will only be on when burners are on.Watch it and when it goes off or fails to light see if the ok light blinks a code. Also check the wires to gas valve and make sure connections are clean and tight.Are you on LP or natural gas?

Natural
Ok. Cut off. Blowing excess. Orange light went off

OK gas pressure should not be changing with natural. As soon as hear click after igniter lights check for 24vac at valve.If we have 24v but gas does not come out you may have a failing valve

Is there a tool for that?

Multi meter .Yyou can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

Thank you do much. How can I contact you tomorrow?

Just come to the website and go to MY QUESTIONS.That will bring you here.Type a comment and I will be notified

Thank you so much!

Thank you.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician