HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 1200i Quadra fire pellet stove and the red light is

Customer Question
on the control box..It's the...
I have a 1200i Quadra fire pellet stove and the red light is on the control box..It's the grey one..What does that mean ??
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The stove will only run on high speed for the last two months..Before that it always ran on medium..On medium the pellets stop coming and the fire goes out.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Auger runs on the correct intervals but then stops completely
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: HVAC
11/21/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 23 days ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

IS the light flashing or on steady?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Steady
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No I don't want a phone call

Ok that should be a call for heat this could be a thermostat issue, watch this video and check all those things and see if anything is wrong and let me know.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The red light is on the computer board box

Yes check that video out and go through all the things first then get back to me.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Checked those things out everything OK...Still want to know what red light on computer board box means..

It just means there is a call for heat and it should be on and running.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No..The light on the control box is the call for heat...Next to that is a computer board in a grey box w/ a green light and a red light on the top...I'm talking about the red light on top of that grey box !!

OH ok the red and green lights in the control box indicate that the thermocouple that is sticking out into the firepot is at certain temperatures. Without a flame, those lights would not be expected to be on. The green one comes on at 200 degrees to tell the stove to start feeding pellets. The red one comes on at 600 degrees so if that is on the unit thinks it is too hot. You either have a control board issue or a bad thermocouple. I think you have a bad board.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I don't think that is correct.. the green light is on to show there is power to the stove....I have never in the 17 years i have had this stove seen the red light on..

The red light should not be on unless the unit thinks it is over temp

Let me see if another tech can help you please stand by do not reply or rate this it will only delay help.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Received 3 text messages no new info..feel like i'm being ripped off !!!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No new tech...what gives ??
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH